Saturday, March 05, 2005

Accident Update

Thanks to everyone for the support.

I wanted to give a quick update on my recent accident. To all who were concerned, as I didn't really identify any injuries in my account of the incident, I am fine - really. The extent of my injuries were limited to a (very) small brush-burn on the inside of my left elbow and a sore area over my left rear floating rib region that lasted all of about a day. Not bad for rolling a car down a near vertical, snow-covered embankment - neh?

I really do attribute my ability to walk away from the accident virtually unscathed to the benefits of my martial arts training and the lessons that I have received and been fortunate enough to be able to pass on to my students. Of course, the generally accepted idea of self-defense never entered the picture as the danger did not involve a human assailant. But, I would like for the incident itself to serve as a reminder and tribute the to overall benefits of the training and its service to and in our lives in the grander scope of self-protection. It's really not until something like this happens that we appreciate all that we have gained in the way of skills and abilities that go virtually unnoticed in our day to day happenings.

Even if this and other like incidents were to never occur in my life, when it comes to my training, I live by the motto:

"Better to have the training and never need it, than to need it and not have it."


So, again, thank you for the concern and well-wishes.
Peace and Happiness,

Jeffrey M. Miller, Shidoshi
Founder and Director
Warrior Concepts International
www.warrior-concepts-online.com
www.masteryourlife.org

"Master Your Self - Master Your Life!"

No comments: